When it comes to investing in a car, caring for it is the best way to ensure you get some money out of it when you are moving onto your next vehicle. At RKB Auto Body, we often see exteriors/interiors of vehicles that have been neglected, ultimately lowering their value and overall appeal. Today, our auto body shop in Tarpon Springs, Florida is proving tips on how to care for your car interior and ensure you keep as much value as possible. If you have any questions or want to schedule auto body work, feel free to reach out. We’re always happy to help.
Here are some interior car tips for your weekly cleaning:
- Pick up any trash that may have accumulated in your vehicle over the week.
- Remove all floor mats, shake them off and remove any debris or dirt that is trapped in them.
- Wipe down any plastic surfaces, leather or vinyl with a damp cloth (we recommend a microfiber towel as it will be lint and dust free).
- Wipe down door sills/door jambs with a damp cloth.
- Wipe down interior glass, windows and mirrors with glass cleaner and a damp cloth.
Once a month it is important to do a bit more detailed of a cleaning, we recommend:
- Be sure to do the above weekly cleaning tips.
- Use a vacuum to clean seat crevices, seats, consoles and interior carpets.
- Apply UV protectant to door panels, dashboard, consoles and any other areas that experience sun exposure that you don’t want damaged over time.
About 4 times a year we recommend protecting certain areas of your vehicle:
- Use cleaner and protector on any leather or vinyl areas of the vehicle.
- Use cleaner and protector on any seals and rubber areas of the vehicle.
Visit Our Tarpon Springs Auto Body Shop Today
Has your vehicle been damaged in an accident? Considering new wheels or tires? Interested in lifting your truck or SUV? For any of your auto body needs, feel free to contact RKB Auto Body in Tarpon Springs, Florida. We would be happy to provide a free quote and discuss financing options.